Home

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Contentment

Philippians 4:11 "...I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."
I have always found it very hard to be content. It's not a longing for material things I struggled with, but a place in my life I wanted to be. I prayed for a Godly husband for years. I thought once I'm married I can stop worrying about my future. Finally meeting my husband and marrying him did bring so much happiness, but contentment did not last long. I ached for a child. I know that God put this desire inside of me, but instead of worrying WHEN, I should have rested in the knowledge that the Lord has plans for my life so much greater than my own. As Paul said, he LEARNED to be content, it was not just a personality trait that some people are given and others not. I still find myself getting anxious over what will be, but i am learning to be content through prayer, God's word, and everything else that comes with this life.

No comments:

Post a Comment