Home

Friday, March 18, 2011

Holy Yoga...not so holy.

Child's pose, downward dog, warrior position, inhale, exhale...
I was invited by a Christian friend to attend a Holy Yoga class last week. I had never researched yoga or participated but I am always up for meeting other christian women and was looking forward to a new workout routine. I arrived at a non demoninational church, much like my own. The dimly lit room was filled with a wonderful scent and praise music. As we began our exercise, the instructor repeated the verse "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?" 2 Corinthians 6:14
At the end of the class, we prayed and I felt really good, the endorphins were going and I was surrounded by fellow believers.
That night in prayer the lord brought this verse to my remembrance...2 Corinthians 6 came to me.."Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean; and I will receive you." I began researching yoga online and learned about its pagan origins. I went to the Holy Yoga website and saw how they were taking liberties with The Lord's Prayer and altering it to fit into yoga lingo. I felt sick that I been doing the same poses others have done to worship false gods. The bible says that the devil comes as an angel of light, and I believe this to be the case with Holy Yoga. I have asked the Lord's forgiveness but now I need to forgive myself. I am angry for the example I set for others when I told them I was attending, I am disappointed in myself for not praying about it before i went. I am grieved by the number of people who are practicing "christian yoga" and thinking they are honoring Jesus Christ.
Tonight I am thankful for the blood of Jesus
"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."Isaiah 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment